Despite how much we love our lighting products we understand that there may be occasions when a customer might want to return an item or order that they have purchased from Soho Lighting. To help customers in such circumstances we have endeavoured to make our Returns Policy as balanced and straightforward as possible.
A short summary of our returns policy: To receive a full refund on your order, please take note of the following key terms:
- Please notify us within 28 days (of the date your order was dispatched from our warehouse) of your return, this is done by completing of our Returns Form here.
- Please print and include the returns label from the returns portal with the items you are returning.
- Please send us the items you are returning within 7 working days of the date the return is logged on the system.
- Please ensure the items you are returning have their original packaging and have not been used/fitted or damaged. Failure to do so may invalidate your entitlement to a full or partial refund.
- We advise customers to ensure their returns package is tracked, particularly for high value orders or items.
- Returns are generally checked for approval within 7 working days of receipt (may take longer during busy periods). Please note refunds made by Soho Lighting can take up to another 3-5 working days to appear in your account.
Wrong Item Received
We endeavour to make sure that all orders are correct before we send them to you but, if you have received the wrong item, please accept our apologies. It is unusual and we will resolve this as quickly as possible for you. To receive a refund or a replacement, you must return the item in the same condition you received it and within 28 days from the day after we despatch your items.
Damaged or Faulty Items
We apologise if, very unusually, you have received an item that is damaged or faulty. We understand how frustrating this can be and want to resolve this as quickly as possible. If you believe that the item is faulty, please enter a returns request on our website,here. Tell us exactly what the fault is when you complete this. You will need to then download the returns packing slip, print and enclose with the items being returned. Your return may not be accepted if the packing slip is not included. Your returned items must be received by us no later than 7 days from the approval of your return request. Our Returns Policy for faulty items upholds your statutory rights.
Detailed Returns Policy and Guidance
When receiving your order, we ask that you check it immediately in case it got damaged in transit. If you are returning items, it is essential that you obtain a return notification number from our returns portal before sending anything back to us. This is the only reliable way of matching returns received to your original order. We cannot accept returns received without a return notification number.
We offer 28 days from the day after we despatch your order for you to return any items that are not needed. To do this, please follow the steps below. All items must be returned unused and in the original packaging as they were in when received by you. Please ensure that you take reasonable care of the items when trying/inspecting them.
- Please enter a returns request on our website, here.
- Please complete the form, telling us which item is wrong and what you have received incorrectly. Our Customer Service Centre will review and, usually, approve your return straight away.
- Once your return is approved, download the returns packing slip, print and enclose with the items being returned. Your return may not be accepted if the packing slip is not included.
- We cannot accept responsibility for Goods damaged or lost in return shipments so recommend you use an insured and trackable mail or parcel service. We are unable to issue a refund without actual receipt of the Goods.
- The items must be received by us no later than 7 days from the approval of your request.
What to do to return your item to us
For any other reason for making a return, please complete and request a return through our website here.Please make sure you include your order number, the item you are returning and the reason for its return. Once the request is approved you will need to download and print out the RMA packing list, which MUST be included with the goods being returned. Please package the item securely and include inside the package your order number, name and address and the RMA packing list. Your return may not be accepted if the packing slip is not included. Your returned items must be received by us no later than 7 days from the approval of your return request.
You should send the Goods to our warehouse at the following address:
Trade Ivy Limited, Unit 3C Latham Park, St Blazey Road Par Cornwall PL24 2HY
What we'll do next
All products returned to us are checked by our Returns Department. If you are eligible for a refund then we will refund the price of your item(s). Returns are usually processed within 7 working days of receipt of a cancelled order, and at the latest within 30 days of receipt during busy periods. We will refund the original credit/debit card/PayPal account used to purchase the item, this may take up to 5 days to appear in your account.
Return of Replacement Goods
If an item you ordered was found to be faulty and we replaced it, you have the right to cancel your order in respect of the replacement product within 7 working days starting on the day after we despatched the the replacement item. Send the items back to us following the process in “What to do to return your item to us” above and we will refund you once the items are received by us.
Cost of returning items
If we have sent you an incorrect or faulty item or a substitute or replacement item which you do not want to keep, we will happily refund the postage costs to return the Goods to us. However, we are unable to refund postage costs where the return is something that is found to be in good working order. Costs of posting the item back to you will depend on the item and will let you know what they are after the testing process has been completed.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have handled the return, replacement, or repair of any item, we apologise. We want to resolve the matter.
Please contact our Customer Service team on +44 (0) 208 106 1221, via your account, by email to email@example.com or by post at Customer Service Department, The Soho Lighting Company, 85 Great Portland Street, London, England. W1W 7LT